Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Economy

I'm not an economist - nor do I pretend to be. I'm not a business expert. I don't have the answers for our country's current economic crisis. But I have a hunch...

My hunch is that if we would do a little less talking about the crisis, a little less blaming, a little less crying in our soup and start turning our thoughts and conversations about what's still very good in this country we might begin to see our way out. No - I'm not a Norman Vincent Peale follower nor am I a name-it-claim-it guy. I just believe that if we fill our day with CNN, Fox News and all the constant media chatter we'll join the glum crowd and make this thing even worse than it already is.

So here are a couple of things I'm trying to do.
  • Trust that God is in control and I'm pretty much not.
  • Work hard and smart and keep the work and family balance.
  • Not hoard every last dollar but instead be generous and spend wisely.
  • Display a positive attitude towards those around me.

Let's move away from doom and gloom toward faith and attitude shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment